So you’re vacationing in the San Francisco Bay Area and just finished touring Silicon Valley Geeknam Style… so what next? Consider heading north for a day (or more) to enjoy the breathtaking views and hospitality of one of California’s premier viticultural areas: Napa Valley. Here’s a short list of my favorite Napa wineries, eateries, things to do, and places to stay.
Welcome To Napa Valley
- Chateau Montelena
- Domaine Chandon
- Francis Coppola Winery
- Jarvis Winery
- Opus One Winery
- V. Sattui Winery
- Bistro Jeanty
- Culinary Institute of America
- Etoile Restaurant
- The French Laundry
- Mustard Grill
- Napa Valley Wine Train
- Blackbird Inn
- Carneros Inn
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites
- Napa Valley Lodge
- Napa Valley Railway Inn
- Villagio Inn & Spa
- White House Inn
- Ride a hot air ballon or Wine Train, fly in a Vintage Plane, rent a motorcycle… or try this!
- Visit the Napa Premium Outlets, shop Downtown Napa, or flock to the Historic Napa Mill.
- Listen to the music at the Napa Valley Opera House or at some other upcoming event.
- Check out the year-round race schedule at the Sonoma Raceway or enjoy the road less traveled.
- Have fun at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom after tasting chocolates at Annette’s or Kollar.
- If all else fails, book a plane ticket from San Francisco to Tuscany.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License by Paul Tocatlian.