By Paul Tocatlian.
Back in July, I published on SlideShare.net a presentation entitled “Mobile Middleware and the Enterprise Mobility Landscape.” This presentation was developed in collaboration with Dennis Ashby, Director of Client Services at StrongLoop, and Cesar Cavazos, Mobile Architect at Propelics.
The enterprise mobility landscape is in a high state of flux:
- The lexicon of acronyms in enterprise mobility has exploded.
- Market research firms are providing disparate perspectives.
- Vendors are shifting their focus at a rapid pace.
- Native versus Web versus hybrid mobile apps.
- Open source versus commercial solutions.
- Cloud versus on-premise deployment.
So many changes. So many choices. So little time.
This presentation attempts to outline the enterprise mobility landscape and highlight key vendors in each of its segments:
- Mobile App Development IDEs
- Mobile App Development Frameworks
- Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaas)
- Mobile Middleware
- Mobile Security
- Enterprise Mobility Management
You can find the presentation here. We’ll be updating this presentation periodically, so your comments and feedback are most appreciated.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License by Paul Tocatlian.